Saturday, December 09, 2006

Penny-wise pound-foolish.

I know of this guy who just recently bought a new car that cost over seventy thousand dollars, bought a classy condominium priced at over 3000 dollars per square feet, invested thousands of dollars into high risk trading stocks, well you know, the sort of guy that loves all the finer things in life. Therefore it surprises me that this guy despite his splurging on properties and cars would become extremely concern and nervous when dealing with small money issues. Time is precious to most of us yet this guy has no qualms of wasting time to try to strike a bargain with shops, all for the sake of saving perhaps ten dollars or less over small items.

Just a couple of days ago we had dinner together, I took the opportunity to introduce him to the home ultrasonic bubble wave spa. He ask me how much it cost and I told him that it cost less than 10 cents investment a day given the reliability of the product. I told him that the amazing product cost just slightly over two thousand dollars with lifetime service warranty and that he could settle the bill by credit interest free installment plan over a period of one year. That works out to be about just two hundred dollars per month. He told me it is too expensive and he could not afford it. He said he need to consider it for couple of days before getting back to me. I was sure that he understood, aware and was indeed convinced of the benefits that come along with hydrotherapy treatment, however it is just his nature that he could not bring himself to spend money on small items. Did he finally buy it? Nope, he didn’t. What a pity isn’t it for such people, penny-wise pound-foolish.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments: