Saturday, September 01, 2007

Why blog

Someone once ask me why I write blogs? Don’t I have anything else better to do? Why would anyone want to publish personal thoughts into the worldwide web for everyone to read? I don’t have particular reasons for spending time on blogs, in actual fact I don’t really care if anyone would read my blogs at all. So back to the question why do I even bother to become a blogger? The answer is simple; I just want to brush up my skill in writing in expressing thoughts. I hope to be a good freelance writer one of these days. Perhaps when I retire someday or I get laid off due to company downsizing, I may consider becoming a full time writer.

There are those who write blogs to earn money, either indirectly or directly through the contents they publish or via advertisement programs such as ad sense. It’s amazing though how the Internet has change the way we live our live. I suppose it’s wonderful indeed that we can express our feelings and thoughts through cyber world. I enjoy reading topics of interest and quality contents posted by many bloggers around the world. There is just so much we can learn through the Internet, particularly through network of bloggers who share interest and thoughts on topics of interest. However we should be mindful of what we write in our blogs. My personal thoughts are that we should never write on anything that touches on sensitive issues, in particular with regards to race and religion. Inflammatory remarks won’t solve problems, on the contrary sensitive topics would only aggravate situations so why blog on such topics?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments: