Monday, September 01, 2008

Will reading in dim light ruin your eyesight?



Mothers often tell their children not to read in the dark or suffer going blind.
I guess many of us, even adults believed that reading in dim light is bad for our eyesight and may even lead to blindness. Will reading in low light change the health or function of our eyes? The answer is not true at all. Reading in low dim light will not change the health or function of our eyes. If it were true I suppose prior to Thomas Edison discovery of the electric light bulb, majority of the people living in the past would have lost their eyesights due to writing or reading under the shade of dim light candles.

Of course even so, reading in dim light can lead to temporary eyestrain. It is recommended though to read under proper lighting. Find a good lamp and keeping reading materials twelve inch away from eyes to reduce eyestrain. Poor eyesight can lead to eyestrain, so always remember to wear your glasses if you have one.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello would
you mind sharing which blog platform you're using? I'm going to start my own blog soon but I'm having a hard time selecting between
BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your
layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for
something unique. P.S Sorry
for being off-topic but I had to ask!

Feel free to surf to my website - Go to my website
My web site > Click Here