Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Mouth Ulcer

Things have not been going that well for me the past few days. I have been suffering from mouth ulcer and migraine the past couple of days. Thankfully the ulcers are healing and the migraine is gone.

I have no idea what causes the migraine and why it stops though. Except for two or three fast acting painkiller that I took to alleviate the pain it seems that lack of sleep, stress and over consumption of soda soft drink contributes to the headache.

Mouth ulcers are usually none contagious unlike cold sores but whatever the case, it is always advisable to avoid sharing food or contacts with others just in case.

The ulcers, two of them located somewhere near the roof of the mouth was so irritating and painful so much so that it makes eating or drinking warm water a challenge.

On top of that, coughing or even breathing deeply would cause severe headache or migraine at the right side of the temple. For once I thought I might be suffering from kind of stroke.

Consulted the doctor over the weekend and was told my throat was inflamed. The doctor prescribed normal painkillers, anti inflammation drug ‘Serratiopeptidase’ and normal cough syrup since I told him I was experiencing some slight cough occasionally. After the consultation, he wrote an MC chit and told me to rest for 2 days.JJ

Mouth ulcer usually heals on its own without any treatment. I only took two or three anti inflammation tablets before deciding to stop it as I feel its not really effective and worsening the migraine that’s plaguing me.

Always rinse and clean your mouth after taking food. Gargle with slight warm salt-water solution after having your food to keep the affected area free from food scraps. Eat well balance nutritious diet. Drink plenty of water. Avoid taking spicy oily fried foodstuffs and practice safe sex and oral hygiene.

It is important for you to visit the doctor if the ulcer condition worsen and persists longer than 3 weeks. Who knows, some ulcers may turn out to be something much more serious than initially thought so it is beter to be safe than sorry.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments: