Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Link Between Cancer & Dental Treatment

It's been years since I last visited the dentist. Some say I am stupid because as an employee of a multinational corporation, every employee are entitled to free dental treatment of up to two hundred dollars a year and one can't exchange it for cash even it he or she did not spend it.

Most employees will take the opportunity to go for their annual dental checkout which includes cleaning and polishing so long as it don't exceed the allocated amount. The reason why I don't make it a point to visit the dentist is not because I am afraid of the pain or being lazy but rather I am not comfortable with the sterile procedure.

I recalled a less than pleasant dental visit incident four years ago. After the regular dental treatment session which involve polishing and regular cleaning, I succumbed to high fever for almost four days.

The doctor said I had minor blood infection, I was more inclined to believe that it got to do with the dental procedure because there were some bleeding in my gum during the treatment. Well, I am not in a position to be one hundred percent sure that it was cause by the oral cleaning though.

Check out this article on the possibility of the link between cancer and root canal dental procedure. I won't be surprised about this because blood contamination is one of the most dangerous and surest way to contract diseases.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
blog comments powered by Disqus