Saturday, January 27, 2007

Tall people earn higher salary than short people?

Is there any truth with this statement?
Recent survey and research indicates that taller people earn more than shorter ones, with an extra inch of height associated with a 1% to 2% increase in income.

http://yahoo.usatoday.com/money/economy/income/2007-01-26-skin-tone-study_x.htm?csp=1

http://www.slate.com/id/2148759/?nav=navoa

Furthermore there are also research findings that indicates taller people are smarter therefore earn more money. Is there any link between height and intelligence?

Do you agree with such research findings? I bet some people in particular those who are not so tall or diminutive may probably find such research conclusion to be offensive and discriminatory? What about you my dear reader and friend? If there are indeed any elements of truth with such findings then I suppose many people will conclude that life is not fair after all. Most Caucasians are taller than Asians. Does that mean Caucasians are smarter and richer than Asians?

Well, my experience within the current surrounding environment does indeed indicate that there are some elements of truth with such findings. My immediate superior is taller than me and so are many of the company directors who earn at least two or three times my monthly pay. Most of them do seem to be slightly taller than me, at least it seems. On the other hand I also do know of many successful entrepreneurs and businessmen who are by inches shorter than me. At times I do wonder that perhaps taller people should be less intelligent since it takes longer time for the heart to pump up supplied oxygen cells and blood to the brains of tall people.

For those who welcome such research findings, for you ladies out there, get yourself a tall husband if you want a more stable, successful and secure family life.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments: