Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Year Of The Tiger - Wish List And Resolution

Time sure pass quickly. It’s the dawn of new year, the year of the Tiger. Last Saturday morning while on my way to the nearby hawker center to get my pack breakfast, a mini tower erected in the open pathway between shops caught my attention. Dozens of curious onlookers stop by to look at the mini tower.

Some of the onlookers were giggling and some had serious emotions while others were expressionless.
I went over to take a look and realize that there was poster attached to the mini tower. It has descriptions of the twelve Chinese zodiac prediction for year 2010.

My eyes rolled and attention quickly transpired and fix on the dragon sign, heck I am not sure why I zoom and focused on the dragon, probably a normal reflex out of curiosity due to the fact that I am born in the year of the dragon. Well, I have to admit that it's quite interesting to read what's being forecast for all the zodiac signs in the year of the Tiger.

The predictions for each zodiac signs are neatly organized by months. Well, it seems that dragons are in for a good year even though there are some dos and don't advice for some of the months ahead. I am not the kind who believed in these predictions but admittedly it feels good when good things are predicted. One of the not so good prediction is health though.

The way I see it, regardless of how accurate or how close the zodiac signs comes to predict about your future, our health is something that we ourselves need to be fully responsible for. We just simply can't leave our health to fate.

What's my wish list and resoluton for the year of the Tiger? Well I must admit plenty of them, a long list which I doubt I could achieved. Nevertheless that's what goals are for isn't it? As the saying goes, achieving the goals you have set for is important but not the end to all means, rather it is the path you took to achieve the goal along the way which helps you to grow and mature in thoughts and knowledge.

My number one priority is to ensure that I continue to stay fit by leading a healthy lifestyle. I wish good health and protection for both myself as well as for my loved ones. Money can't buy health, and without health the tons of cash you have won't buy you happiness.

Last but not least, here's an Ayurvedic proverb which I come across that I like to share with everyone. It goes like this: 'If you take proper healthy diet, then you have no need for medicine. If you stuff yourself with unhealthy diet than any medicine you take is useless'.

Till then, wishing everyone a happy and prosperous year of the Tiger. Cheers!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
blog comments powered by Disqus