Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Just do it.




Well, I have been busy lately with lots of paper work and management related activities which I hate to do but have to since it is part and parcel of my job responsibilities. These include software audit preparation, logistic and training planning for the incoming new software engineers that I have recruited and schedule to be onboard the company on March 14th. In addition to that, I have been told to take on new responsibilities in terms of providing software support for a newly established engineering function that has been setup recently within my department. No headcount resource addition to my team but yet I have to my team to cope with extra responsibilities that translate to extra workload with no pay increases whatsoever. Well I guess at times we are not left with much choice but just do it. The hell with ISO or BSI audits requirements. I have work long enough in the software industry to come across many companies winding up even though it boasts of various ISO and BSI achievement awards and excellent certifications. Motorola started six-sigma concept but yet take a look at that company? It is heading down the drain in terms of profit and losing technology competitiveness. Moreover, a number of Motorola mobile phones are badly designed and build. There are so many obvious firmware bugs and design issues with some of the Motorola mobile phones that I could hardly imagine its QA staffs would miss such serious design shortfall. Well, attached camera shots of Sichuan Jiuzhaigou that I took a month ago using Sony DSC-T2 camera. Time sure pass quickly. March is just around the corner and soon the weather in these places will become warmer and much more comfortable to travel. According to most people, the best time to travel to such places is during September or October timeframe. Till then it is not likely that I will be traveling to the same place twice but no one knows for sure though. Life is bunch of chocolates; you will never know what you gonna get so to speak.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Attention!