Monday, January 28, 2008

Be your own advisor

Sunshine empire Singapore operation is suspended pending CAD investigation. It’s been months since the CAD probing began and to date there is no insight as to what the future of SE Singapore might be. People who have placed their money into SE are advised to wait for further updates by the CAD. Just prior to the saga leading to the CAD probe, I was asked or rather advised to invest more money into SE Singapore.

I am thankful that I did not heed Mr ‘X’ advice as if I had done so, my money would’ve stuck down there. I feel bad for a friend of mine whom I introduced to part his money with SE Singapore. Just two or three months into it, he is having trouble to get his money back due to the CAD probe. I am also thankful I did not put money into another investment scheme, ‘OilPod’. Mr ‘X’ tried to sell me the OilPod portfolio, I did not sign up as I do not have cash at hand. I recalled the last time I attended a seminar by ‘OilPod’, a number of investors are very upset with delay of their dividends payout.

Next, I was advised to withdraw my AXA fund after less than a year into it. 5% service fee might not look at like a huge sum to many but I find it kind of ridiculous to be lead around the nose to listen to advice to withdraw my AXA fund and to put my money into another fund management company with no guarantee of any returns. Bottom line? Do your homework and be your own best advisor. Don’t take others advice blindly. What other better way to do than reading. Do yourself a favor. Go to the public library, pick up books on financial investments and read it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get rich quick schemes tend to fall through after some time. Have not heard of oilpod. Is it another scam?