Monday, January 07, 2008

Hello 2008

Time sure pass quickly. This is my 1st blog for year 2008. It’s been a hectic and busy days for me the past few days working late throughout the nights, stuck in the company to resolve software bugs. It feels sucks to work throughout the night as most of the staffs left office after lunch to celebrate the incoming New Year.

Most of us hope 2008 to be a better year compare to year 2007, some Chinese believe 2008 will be a good year, well at least for those born in the year of the dragon. Why is that so? Well, at least according to those into believing 2008 horoscope and fate predictions. I don’t believe in horoscopes and any of those related superstitious craps, but I must admit it feels good though to know that good things were predicted for dragon children. Firstly it was mentioned that I don’t have to work hard to achieve wealth and success this year. It’s the exact opposite though it seems coz in reality; I felt myself having to work harder since the beginning of this year. I guess it must be foolhardy of us to believe that success in life depends on fate.

I once come across an article written by a wise chap who says that the outcome in our life depend not on fate rather on one simple equation that is ‘events + action = outcome’.
Since most of the time events occur due to many circumstances that are beyond our control, how we respond or react to events and situation happening in our life determine our future, be it good or bad. Thus we should not blame others for our failures. Instead we should reinforce our positive thoughts, take the necessary actions given the circumstances or events to achieve the results and outcome that we want. Events without the appropriate actions will not generate outcomes that we desire.

What are my wishes and plans for year 2008? Firstly I wish good health and protection and well being for all my loved ones and friends, secondly, I wish my investment portfolios in AIA, AXA and Prudential will continue to grow healthily despite the uncertainties surrounding the world economies with inflation predicted to hit the world largest economic power namely United States; which would in turn indirectly impact the economies of rest of the world.

Back at home front Singapore, the recent hike in GST, electricity bills, taxi fare and many other basic necessities and with annual forecasted salary increment that could hardly compensate inflation certainly paints a gloomy picture and spells for belt tightening and caution in expenditures.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments: