Thursday, November 23, 2006

Looking at the bigger picture

Have it ever occur to you that it could be very tiring to squat down to clear weeds from your backyard garden? Well unless you are using the lawn mover to speed up the trimming and clearing of weeds, you may find it to be a backbreaking and unwelcoming task indeed. Quite often I miss out those long obvious weeds sticking out from the soil directly underneath where I was squatting. Our peripheral view seems to be that much narrow, obscure and confined as we squat down to hunt for weeds. We tend to miss out those patches of weeds that are located close by and instead go for those weeds that are within our arm length, so long as it is comfortable and within our easy reach and visible comfortable view. I find that I could do a cleaner and more systematic job of clearing the weeds if I would just take a break in between weed clearing session, stood up for a minute so to have a better view of what’s left to be clear within the vicinity of where I squat. This is what I term getting to look at the bigger picture so to speak.

I suppose it is the same with our life isn’t it? Take time to ponder our goals and actions in life periodically. Unexpected events may strike anytime and post challenges to our life. Never give up nor make hasty decisions. In all things, take time to relax in between our hard work, look at the bigger picture and then consider our plans and actions appropriately.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments: